Koehler Pavilion, 1935-1937
Koehler Pavilion
Agency: Works Progress Administration
Date: 1935-1937
Coordinates: 29.461916927, -98.471945600
The Koehler Pavilion was built between 1935 and 1937 of stone, concrete, and wood. The overhanging metal roof with standing-seams is supported by columns that rest on the stone perimeter walls. A central frame structure supports a central hipped roof supported by internal columns. The structure was renovated in 1982 and a concrete patio overlooking the San Antonio River was added. Used for picnics, celebrations, and meetings, the pavilion is managed by the City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department. It is located in on an 11-acre parcel of land donated to the City of San Antonio in 1915 by Emma Koehler in memory of her husband Otto.
Sources:
Pfeiffer, Maria Watson, and Steve A. Tomka, Ph.D. National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form, Brackenridge Park, 2011.